The form could be an oil, oleoresin, solid extract (high viscosity), fluid extract (low viscosity) or powder extract.
- If there is a principal component being extracted the product may be stated with the percentage of that substance following the name e.g. Naringin 2%, Hesperidin 5% etc.
- If a more concentrated version of the raw material is required, then a ratio of the concentration in comparison to the original material may be shown e.g. 3:1, 10:1.
HERB, SPICE & OLEORESINS
These are an important sub category of extracts, since oils produced from herbs and spices are more concentrated in flavour and easier to use in food manufacturing than powdered spices.
- Oil / Essential Oil – these are produced using steam distillation, a simple production process to produce a concentrated oil with all of the active components.
- Oleoresin – these are produced using solvent extraction, with careful choice of the solvent these will result in an even higher concentration of required components.
Some Examples Of Available Herb And Spice Essential Oils:
|Cardamom||Celery Seed||Cinnamon Bark|
|Coriander Seed / Herb||Garlic||Nutmeg|
Some examples of available Herb and Spice Oleoresins:
|Black Pepper (Natural And Decolourised)||Capsicum||Celery Seed|
These oils and oleoresins can be used in all areas of savoury food manufacturing – including ready meals, baked foods, sauces, soups, chutneys and flavour production.
Along with herb and spice oils, Kanegrade can also supply an extensive range of citrus and mint oils.
- Oils: 1Kg to 25Kg jerry cans
- Depending on oil / quantity required